TUPE (TOBACCO USE PREVENTION EDUCATION) is the LAUSD's tobacco education program to reduce tobacco use among students in Grades K-12. This will be done by:
- Exposing tobacco industry tactics.
- Creating a smoke-free environment in the workplace and at home.
- Providing smoking cessation workshops for students as well as adults.
- Using research-based educational programs to teach both the long and short-term effects of tobacco use.
- Providing training for teachers, parents, families, and community members in support of tobacco use prevention education programs.