Welcome to the Grant High School Library!
Please consult this page for helpful information about using the online catalog, using the LAUSD digital library for research, library hours, book checkout information, and computer use.
My name is Mrs. Cover and I am excited to be your teacher librarian here at Grant! I have been at Grant for 14 years total--10 years teaching English and 4 years as the teacher librarian. I also taught English for two years at a neighboring school before returning to Grant.
I earned my BA in English, my single subject teaching credential (English), and my Master's in Education (English Education) all from Cal State Northridge. I earned my teacher librarian credential from San Jose State University.
I hope you love Grant as much as I do and will visit the library often! I am here to help with research, finding books, and to support your learning in any way that I can. Please feel free to come see me at any time with any questions you may have.
To search for books available in the Grant library, follow these steps:
Step 1: Click this link
Step 2: Type "Grant" in the search box
Step 3: Click on the link for Ulysses S. Grant Senior High
Step 4: Click on the "catalog" button
Step 5: Search for books by title, author, keyword, or subject Conduct research through FREE LAUSD databases: LAUSD digital library
Hint: Use your LAUSD email (ending in mymail.lausd.net) & password to log in when you're off campus
- The library is open for student and faculty use most days from 7:30am-3:40pm
- You can visit the library before school, during nutrition and lunch, and after school
- You can visit the library during class time with your teacher OR with a pass from your teacher
- On P.D. Tuesdays, shortened days, and minimum days, the library will close at the end of the school day
Book checkout Information:
- You need your Grant I.D. to checkout books
- You may checkout 3 books at a time
- You can keep the books for 2 weeks (if you still need them, you can renew for another 2 weeks)
- If the books are late, you are fined .10 for each day the book is overdue (not counting weekends, school holidays, and any time the library is closed)
- Your individual book fines will never go higher than $5
- Please do not be afraid/embarrassed to turn in late books...time gets away from all of us!
- You may use the computers and printer for school work
- There is no charge to print
- Please do not eat or drink ANYTHING (not even water) when using the computers